A courtesy patrol is another epithet for security guards, but in this term, it refers to apartment security. Courtesy patrol specialists provide visible protection by officers to complex residents and apartment premises. Property management companies typically hire courtesy officers and can employ them directly or by private security guard patrol services.
Many times complex management teams hire courtesy officers that are on-site as a resident and operate by on-call availability. In these cases, management pays the officers by giving them a discount on facilities or in exchange for rent. Another option is to employ the agency’s courtesy patrol specialists, highly trained to ensure security and preserve clients’ quality of living. They work in formal security uniforms, which makes them visible, apparent, and approachable for complex residents. That provides a sense of security and reinforces in case of any inconvenience or incidents.
Where does courtesy patrol operate?
Courtesy guards are commonly hired by luxury apartments, college towns, or housing locations with a large population that requires some security guard patrol service. Large campuses, business parks, and buildings are also places where courtesy officers can be in charge of security. They don’t have an office; instead, they patrol buildings, premises, and outside sectors. Courtesy officers can either perform their duties full or part-time.
Reasons to hire courtesy guard specialists
Often, the police are overbusy or insufficient with officers to deal with uncritical situations and incidents. Police might have a slow response time due to other priorities; this is where the courtesy guard has its role. Courtesy officers, by their very presence, discourage potential offenders and prevent crimes. Additionally, although they are not authorized for arrest in incidents, they can restrain lawbreakers until police arrive as they undergo adequate security guard training.
Complex tenants can feel more relaxed knowing professional officers are in charge of security and assistance in any accident.
What are the duties of courtesy patrol specialists?
Depending on the size and other relevant factors of the complex, the usual duties of courtesy officers include:
- Conducting regular surveillance patrols is the primary role of courtesy officers. Patrolling considers walkthrough complex property and areas with high and low traffic ensuring community safety. That includes inside the complex’s premises, such as the lobby, laundry rooms, and an outside area. Unlike static security, courtesy officer patrols cover larger spaces and patrols inside and outside of the property. They are often present in apartment management and complex community meetings. Courtesy patrol specialists monitor and can assist in locking society facilities after hours, such as swimming pools, gyms, training halls, etc. Besides protecting the apartment community, the courtesy guard ensures property from damage, thieves, vandalism, and unlawful activities over complex belongings.
- Courtesy professionals are equipped with monitoring technology devices such as CCTV. Also, they monitor gates’ access and the surveillance system and supervise packages from stealing.
- Officers provide alarm response, meaning they check activated alarms and take appropriate actions. Professional courtesy officers are trained to notice and quickly respond to emergencies such as floods, earthquakes, or fires.
- One of the ways to preserve community order is to enforce following the apartment rules to ensure conformity and liveability. Imposing following parking rules by delivering tickets or contacting the town services while protecting residentials vehicles. Courtesy officers are also in charge of reserved parking lots for residents, making sure that others do not occupy them. Additionally, they can accompany tenants to their vehicles or apartment at night.
- Reporting burglaries and car robberies to authorities – In some cases, courtesy officers are obligated to call law enforcement as some incidents require intervention beyond their leverage. Additionally, they immediately inform complex management of the serious occurrences that took place. They also provide reports on a daily basis after the end of the shift that contain activity logs, observations, and details on what the officer undertook and noticed.
- Walk on call – many apartment managements hire courtesy patrol specialists to take emergency calls after regular patrolling. This way expands courtesy guard responsibilities, therefore community and complex security.
- Courtesy officers are building strong trustful relationships with complex residents, making them feel safe and secure. This approach provides a comfortable feeling of the community tenets in the presence of the courtesy officers, as they are approachable for any questions and concerns from inhabitants. Additionally, by knowing the complex residents, the courtesy guard can quickly identify ono-residents and their attempts to enter amenities they shouldn’t access.
- Complex management often consults courtesy officers regarding security improvement or the acquisition of new equipment and tools for security enhancement.
What training do courtesy officers encounter?
First of all, courtesy officers require a minimum of a high scroll degree. Most courtesy patrol specialists have many years of experience in the security industry. Often, courtesy patrol officers are off-duty or former law enforcement professionals such as policemen. The advantage of police courtesy officers is in their superior experience and training, while they are actually in power to enforce laws and arrest. Additionally, courtesy officers are a form of armed security patrol as they are authorized to wear a weapon. They are skilled in recognizing the level of issue and reacting according to this assessment.
When hiring courtesy patrol, apartment management establishes the rules and protocols for hypothetical situations. While complex managers lack in providing training for courtesy officers, security agencies supply officers with complete security guard training. They wear uniforms with agency badges and logos. Additionally, they are equipped with agencies’ security tools, devices and marked vehicles if needed.
Lastly, agencies always check the personal background of the courtesy officers they hire; background screening involves the inspection of possible criminal backgrounds.
With all the benefits that courtesy patrol professionals offer, you can relax and sleep soundly, knowing your safety is in responsible hands. If you are searching for highly trained officers to provide your complex community and property guarding and protection, look no further and schedule a call with our company, as we guarantee the highest level of security for our clients.